In the context of home charging, the “OLEV Grant” refers to a government grant for electric car home chargers, provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
- The OLEV Grant, specifically named the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides up to £500 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point.
- It’s available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars.
- You can claim one charge point per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
How do I qualify for the OLEV Grant?
To qualify for OLEV’s EVHS grant, you need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st October 2016 onwards.
- You must have off-street parking.
- You must install an OLEV-approved charge point.
- The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle.
- You must use an OLEV-approved charge point installer like Falcon Electric.
Which vehicles are eligible for the OLEV Grant?
Not all plug-in vehicles are eligible for the OLEV EVHS grant. All full battery electric vehicles are eligible, but plug-in hybrid vehicle CO2 emissions must be calculated below 75g/km. OLEV maintains a list of those vehicles which are eligible here.
How do I claim the OLEV Grant?
To claim up to £500 off the cost of your new home charging point, all you have to do is answer a few simple questions and share some documents with us. Our team will then complete and claim the grant on your behalf.