The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a grant that businesses can use to reduce the cost of installing electric vehicle charge points for their staff by up to £10,000.
- The WCS grant is for £500 per charge point socket up to 20 sockets per applicant business.
- The WCS is available to any business, charity or public authority, with some conditions.
- The grant is provided by the government Office for Low Emissions Vehicles.
What is the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)?
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a government scheme for electric vehicles offered by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
- The WCS reduces the purchase and installation cost of a new workplace charging station (single socket) by 75% (capped at £500 per socket).
- A single business can claim for up to a maximum of 20 charge points (e.g. 20 single socket or 10 double socket charge points).
- You can’t retrospectively claim for existing charge points on your premises.
How do I qualify for the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)?
The WCS is available to any business, charity or public authority, with some conditions including the following:
- You must have sufficient off-street parking.
- While you do not need to currently have electric vehicles as part of your fleet, you will need to express an existing or future need for the business.
- You must have the charging station installed by an OLEV-approved workplace charging station installer like Pod Point.
How does the Workplace Charging Scheme work?
The WCS is a voucher based system.
- First you complete an online application.
- If successful you will be emailed a voucher code which you can then present to your OLEV-approved installer which your installer will then use to claim the grant after the installation is complete.
- The voucher code is valid for 120 days from the date of issue.
How do I claim the Workplace Charging Scheme with Falcon Electric?
Falcon Electric is an OLEV-approved installer, To reduce the cost of your Workplace charge point by up to £500, all you need to do is speak to a member of our team who will help you through the process of claiming the grant.