To qualify for a standard OLEV grant subsidised domestic home charge point installation, the following requirements must be met.
Standard Installation Specification
- Wallpod:EV Chargepoint
- A maximum run of 10 metres from the source of supply (consumer unit) to charge point.
- The property’s consumer unit must be RCD protected and have a spare way for protecting the outgoing charge point circuit.
- Cable to be surface mounted – clipped cable.
- No ground works required.
- The property must have an earthing arrangement complying with current regulations.
- The charge point must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangements.
- The property is within 75 miles (150 round trip) of an approved installer or their satellite installer.
- The homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic Scheme Terms and Conditions.
Additional costs (to be negotiated prior to installation between the home owner and installer)
Provided that the installation falls with the standard installation specification, the following charges apply:
|Charge Point Type||Cost to the homeowner|
|16 amp (type 2) charging socket charging unit||£149 + VAT|
|32 amp (type 2) charging socket charging unit||£149 + VAT|
|16 amp (type 1) tethered charging unit||£199 + VAT|
|16 amp (type 2) tethered charging unit||£199 + VAT|
|32 amp (type 1) tethered charging unit||£199 + VAT|
|32 amp (type 2) tethered charging unit||£199 + VAT|
The following information provides a guideline of work that is considered to be beyond the standard installation specification:
- Cable runs exceeding 10 metres (chargeable per meter thereafter).
- The necessity to install a mini consumer unit with overload and fault current protection due to:
- The property’s consumer unit having insufficient capacity/protection for the charge point circuit.
- The homeowner wishing to have an independent charge point circuit protection from the house consumer unit.
- Any additional mechanical protection required for the cabling, ie trunking, conduit etc.
- Any cable chasing requested by the homeowner.
- Any ground works requested by the homeowner.
- The necessity to introduce an alternative earthing system, ie an electrode/inspection chamber.
- The property being further away than 75 miles (150 mile round trip) from an approved installer or their satellite installer’s base.
- Any additional or unusual works requested by the homeowner in order for the install to take place, ie gas and water pipe bonding, equipment clearing, plumbing work etc.