Orion 2 BMS – 84 Cell Version Unit Only
The Orion 2 BMS is a full featured lithium ion battery management system that is specifically designed to meet the tough requirements of protecting and managing battery packs for electric vehicles (EV), plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) with automotive grade quality.
- Significantly smaller enclosure size for 24-72 cell configurations.
- Roughly 40% lower weight on all models due to the new enclosure design and streamlined (removable) heatsink. Minimum heat dissipation requirements apply.
- Considerable boosts in measurement accuracy and processor speed allow for more advanced calculations and logic.
- Direct hardware support for several popular charging protocols including hardware support for SAE J1772 (directly interfacing with the pilot / proximity lines) and CHAdeMO for DC fast charging.
- Wider input power voltage range (now 12v-24vDC compatible) for better support on heavy vehicles and equipment. The Orion 2 BMS remains fully compatible with 12v applications.
- Ability to directly drive certain contactors on select inputs (bypassing the need for intermediate signal relays in some situations)–see supporting documentation for details.
- Completely redesigned multi-unit series configuration (now using Remote Cell Tap Expansion Modules). This greatly simplifies connecting multiple units together in series and improves the overall reliability.
- New Status LED on the unit to indicate power status and the presence of faults.
- Addition of 2x new Multi-Purpose Output pins with programmable functions.
- Significant algorithm and software enhancements to improve overall system accuracy for parameters such as State of Charge and pack health.